Okay, in full honesty I just started wearing sunscreen daily maybe last year? I understood that I “should” and it’s the “holy grail of not aging” blah blah blah, but I am lazy and it takes me a minute to really get into a routine (for more than a week) with something. BUT, now that I am passed the phrase of only putting it on if I’ll be outside, I have found a few favorites.
The first is the setting spray from SuperGoop. It is setting spray with SPF….I mean talk about a 2 in 1! I used to carry the mini bottle around in my purse so I never had the excuse of “I forgot”! Plus it would be great to carry around to re-apply throughout the day!
Next up is from EltaMD – their “UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin, Oil-free….”. I use this on top of moisturizer and have loved it for the main reason of I never noticed it. It didn’t break me out or make my makeup lay funky.
Most recently, I have been using Glow from SuperGoop and love love love it! It reminds me a little of Flawless Filter from Charlotte Tilbury which you know I love. It is not as dense at FF but in a good way, it gives minimal coverage that is perfect for little to no makeup days!
Shop The Post
Shop The Post
My favorite pair of go-to, easiest to style jeans are from H&M – not any of my “designer” jeans. They are 99% cotton and 1% elastane so they keep their shape and FEEL like denim not leggings. I got them maybe 5 years ago and continue to get compliments, wear after wear! I had the idea to order a bunch of pairs, photograph them and give reviews on fit, but I worry that with all of the shipping delays it will be months before I am able to share. SO, I have gone through and found the pairs that feel most similar to the pair I own. Sadly H&M does not list the rise but mine are 11″ for reference and I have a size 6.
Shop The Post
So this is a series that took a little big of a hiatus….LOL I have only done it 3 times and just stopped….well posting here for the most part – but I’m back! Ok sarcasm and jokes over, let’s get to the goods
– I have a weird thing against most sandals. Truly, the only shoes I wear in the summer are criss-cross sandals (doesn’t feel as “here are my toes”), closed toed slides and sneakers! So when I saw these and didn’t keep scrolling, I figured I should throw them in my “hearts”.
– My obsession with Etsy is very real right now! This is probably because I have been doing a lot of work around the house, including a few DIY’s (more on that to come) and they have become my number one resource.
– This top is me, white, structured and with a puffy sleeve! Nothing more needed on that. BUT, the sales going on tend to be getting better and better. I heard a girl on Tik Tok (yes, you read that right) talking about how the later this goes on the steeper the discounts will get as retailers are getting in new inventory…hoping she is on to something!
– Speaking of sales, I finally got a pair of new white jeans. My current options have been, ill fitting & old J.crew, LOW rise Current Elliott’s, or my wide leg’s that seem to have gone missing. Really needing these to look good!
– A few months ago I finally splurged on the Oribe Royal Blowout spray, and I am glad I did! I only use it on the days with higher humidity because my hair will need the extra help. HA, I wish I was that on it – I use it when I remember.
I have spent this quarantine time really trying to get the house together and work on projects I kept putting off. One of them was the office, new desks (for myself and Mike), shifting things around and making a moldboard for above my computer. Between needing an activity and being cheap I made this linen covered board for I wanna say around $30? You need following items:
I ordered all of the supplies from Michael’s and Joann’s curbside pick up, so easy! For fabric I used a off white or cream linen, you’ll need about 1 yard. From there simply cut, pull and staple in the back, it was so easy and truly took about 20 minutes!
Shop The Post
Tequila has always been my favorite liquor, if I am not drinking a margarita, champagne or wine I am drinking Ranch Water. It’s also what I drink at home 99% of the time, the ingredients are just so simple and always on hand!
tequila + bubbly water (I prefer Topo Chico) & lime juice
If you want to make it a little fancier you can throw in a little orange liqueur (1oz). Measurements are up to your discretion, I am not here to suggest how much tequila your drink should have, you do you!
One of my favorite restaurants in Houston, Tiny Boxwoods, has the worlds best mint lemonade and we recently got a JUG of it for the house. Since there isn’t a ton to do these days, and I am trying to experiment with new things – I threw some vodka in and it’s now my 2nd favorite at home cocktail! You can barely taste the vodka, which does make it a little dangerous but again, no judging during quarantine! Thanks to Martha you can easily make your own mint lemonade at home with the following ingredients:
1/4 cup of sugar and water for homemade simple syrup + lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, mint leaves and lemon slices
Hope you enjoy!