The sales have arrived! Since getting engaged I have kinda stopped my shopping and have only been getting things for the wedding butttt that is all going out the window this week!
Today until Monday (11/30) Shopbop is giving you 20% when you spend more than $200 – easy peasy! In my shopping cart, this tank that reminds me of Brock for beyond a fraction of the price, another silly Unfortunate Portrait tee is that is soo me and a good white bathing suit for our honeymoon!
Shop The Post
Shop The Post
Well this is a wild blog post to write considering I have had this blog since 2012 and have probably talked about a few different boyfriends on here!! Gotta kiss a lot of frogs right…? Quick summary of the proposal, Mike and I had a week long Jackson Hole trip planned for a few months and I really thought he was going to propose there. Two nights before I was in a terrible mood all day and kept saying “we are going to walk off this bad mood, let’s go!” and I really tried to get out of it. A few blocks in I got the pep back in my step- he knows me well. So, prior to leaving Mike put on real clothes, khaki shorts and a non graphic tee – I asked him why he was getting so dressed up and he said he had to change the ju-ju for the Yankees game. Mike is a huge Yankees fan so I didn’t think twice. So we get to the mid-point of our walk, which is the prettiest area in our neighborhood, and he goes “the reason I got so dressed up is….” and got down on one knee! He had Bailey hiding behind a tree snapping photos, it was so perfect!
We left two days later (on his birthday) for our trip and it was PERFECT. Any men reading this – propose BEFORE the trip not during. The entire week was a dream and the stress was off both of us.
Now, if you know me you know I have zero chill or patience so the wedding was practically planned in the next few days. We decided on April 2021 for a few reasons one being, we don’t know what the future holds and want to begin our lives together. We understand it is beyond a tricky time and many people will not attend and that is okay with us….and on a lighter note I have always wanted to get married in April! Now that all that business is out of the way, let’s move onto the fun stuff!!
We are getting married in April at our favorite place, Tiny Boxwoods! I am truly giddy just typing that – eek! As you can tell from the mood board, it is going to be a giant garden party! Will do more on vendors, bridesmaids, engagement photos, how we made decisions next!
Below is all of the advice people shared on Instagram:
- Register for China people say its outdated but it’s the best – I have been excited to register for China since I was like 14 years old. We did this past week and I am obsessed with what we picked out!!
- Invest in Biologique Reschere skincare – done and done just ordered a few new items!
- When figuring out your guest list, imagine who you want/hope to be in your life 20 years from now – I used to always joke I don’t want a wedding that is a reunion!
- Regular Facials starting now!!
- Zola F-ing sucks, take the time to register at individual stores – this made me lol, we did a local store and a big box!
- Sk-II Sheet mask – 2 people said this, the second said everyday the week leading up!
- Go on your honeymoon the next day – its the best feeling!
- Don’t hesitate to try on an unexpected dress or one you would have never considered – got my dress 4 days after getting engaged online and I am IN LOVE!!
- Don’t overthink things, make a decision and move on!
- Heart shaped sparklers make for exciting photos! – Saw this on TikTok the other day too!