I had the honor of attending Chrisy Wright’s Boutique Business conference this past weekend and man did I learn a lot. Between Christy and Donald Miller I came home with not only a list of things to work on but words of encouragement to remind myself of on a daily basis.
FAILURE IS UNDEFINED & SUBJECTIVE
FAILURE ESTABLISHES THE LIMITS IN YOUR LIFE
FEAR IS NOT A SIGN YOU SHOULDN’T DO SOMETHING
FEAR MEANS YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING NEW
FEAR IS GONE ONCE YOU DO SOMETHING ONCE
Don’t forget that ladies-
This summer berry salad has pretty much been my staple meal the past month and I don’t see it going anywhere! It is full of flavor, filling and contains ingredients that aren’t a pain to buy or put together!
What you’ll need:
- Half an Avocado
- Grilled Chicken
- Sliced Strawberries
- Olive Oil if you want
- Almond slice, also optional in my book.
When I was telling my mom about this summer berry salad recipe she got very “well how much of everything”. Which I cannot handle because in my book it is “how every much your heart desires!!!” I’ve recently just been squeezing half a lemon on top because the avocado adds enough of that soft texture to not need much more or any dressing…for me at least! If you need a little more I would throw on some olive oil or my specialty dressing! It is SO easy to bring to work because you don’t have to figure out how to transport dressing when all you need is a lemon!
ALSO after many weeks of making this I have realize that 1.5 bags of spinach (dependent on where you buy your groceries), 1 pack of each berry and 1 thing of feta is the perfect amount to get you a TON of salads! I have been prepping the chicken on Sundays to make it even easier in the mornings.
Besides being kinda festive for 4th of July you should 100% try this out, no one has told me they don’t like it!
- Not so newly obsessed with Ashley from Brunch on Chestnut. The most amazing and inspiring photography!
- Attempting to up my political knowledge…which is hard considering all of the crazy!
- Did anyone watch new “new” 90210 like 5 years ago? Well I loved it! Now, do any of you remember the bitchy older sister? Well she coming back around, not only because she is step sisters with Gigi but her now show Barely Famous!
- J.Crew is really coming in with some fun prints this summer!
- I am going to give Tan Towel a shot this weekend…follow along on snap chat (@emlun) for hopefully nothing to traumatic!
- “OMG using your phone is going to give you cancer” type lines and exaggerations are never my thing…BUT I will say turning on the nighttime mode on my iphone where it switches to a warmer light is pretty great on my eyeballs!
- I will always be a Serena Van Der Woodson Fan!
- How to get your skin going out ready!
I am SO excited to finally share my bedroom with y’all! I teamed up with Havenly a few months ago to create the room of my dreams! Decor is something I love but would not say I am best at, I know what I like and what I don’t but cannot seem to bring it all together!
After moving into my new place I knew I finally wanted to make decorating a priority, but I had a blank slate (TG), idea but not real grasp on the big picture of my room! With Havenly you answer a few questions about your interior style and quickly are matched with a designer!
You let them know the pieces you already have, your budget and the look you are wanting to achieve! She created mood boards for me that allowed her to gage what I LOVED and what I hated, because in all honestly she took my use of the word trendy too far. But having things I didn’t like in those initials rounds of design is good because it allowed her to understand my style more! I knew there were some things I really wanted, a new large mirror for my desk, side table and pillows to give my bed some color! Other than that I was open to all of her suggestions and ideas…including some thing I already own which made me realize how much she understood my style…!
Those few rounds of mood boards and a final design that has all the final product in a mock up costs under $100! So for me and probably a lot of you out there you know what you like and have an idea of where you can get it but can’t see it all together…will that stripe pillow REALLY match the water colors? Yes, yes it will!
After you’re 100% in love with you design it’s time to shop! Havenly makes it so easy because you order everything through their website and their team places the orders at each individual vendor site. So no having to put in your shipping & billing on 5 different websites, just one!
I could not wait for my product to start arriving and making my boring room into a special beautiful place!
My bedroom is such a happy calming place now! I really do get a smile on my face every time I walk in and NOW have the motivation to keep it clean hah!
One of the best things about this experience is that my designer stayed in my budget! She was sourcing items from Target, Wayfair and other affordable sites that made the entire buying process a lot more comfortable…and doable!
Thanks to Havenly you all receive 25% OFF the design fee with the code LOCUS25!
SHOP THE ROOM: Bed // Bedding from Biscuit Home (on sale!) // Stripe Pillow // Water Color Pillow // Pink Blanket // Side Table // Lamp & Hand from Redo Home Nashville // Diptyque Candle // Zebra Tray // Palm Prints via Etsy //
Desk // Mirror // Chair // Pillow // Mini Diptyque // Basket from Redo Home Nashville // Makeup Holder – Mini Cake Stand from Marshals // Mini Vase (under $2!) // Hide Rug from Nashville Flea Market // Wall Art created by a friend!
Knockoffs aren’t always perfect but sometimes it’s just sooo right! Old Navy killed it with this scalloped bathing suit for a fraction of the price of it’s bigger sister from Marysia Swim! The fit is amazing and is so comfortable!
This cucumber seltzer from Spindrift is newest drink obsession and TG my Trader Joes started carrying it! My friend B and I were about to split a case of it of from their online store!
Memorial Day Weekend was a gem, spend Saturday night at a 90’s festival that was more of a Texas frat party under a bridge near the river! Aka fun but odd!
Dress version of my romper (more of that one coming soon!)
Speaking of Trader Joes, if I see or hear about the amazing peonies at the TJ’s in Texas I am going to LOOSE it! The one here in Nashville needs to catch up with the times ASAP, because the ones from Whole Foods are over priced and die too quickly!
If you are friends with me you are probably sick of hearing/seeing me talk about Halo Top Ice Cream….sorry not sorry! It is AMAZING, 240 calories for the ENTIRE THING! When I first heard about it I thought it was so going to be like all of the other “healthier” ice creams out there…aka gross! But I was so so wrong, the only negative to Halo is that you have to let it sit out for a little bit….take it out during a commercial and it will be ready the next round!
- Obsessed with 9 to 5 Chic recently and her killer work style!
- Back when I lived in NJ, with this one & her mom, we made these amazing turkey burgers I finally tracked them down and attempted them last night!
- I am reading the book now….Me Before You and you should too before the MOVIE comes out!!!
- J.Crews transitional clothing is amazing right now..not too winter-ey and not too springy
- My mornings have gotten crazy and I no longer have the time or energy to wake up and make a smoothie…but defrost one? SURE!
- She may kill me for posting this, but if you like country music (not too country don’t worry) you should listen to my talented friend, Katie Bernard!